Price start from $92.99 + Tax
Passenger Cars / All Season / Touring
The AVID Ascend featuring T-speed rated sizes is Yokohama´s first mass-produced Standard Touring All-Season tire line in the United States using Yokohama´s Orange Oil technology and branded with their BluEarth eco-friendly identification. Developed for the drivers of coupes, sedans, minivans and crossover vehicles, the AVID Ascend is designed to blend long tread wear, low rolling resistance and all-season traction, even in light snow. Yokohama BluEarth branding is used to identify an ecologically friendly series of tires that are designed to deliver environmentally, human and socially friendly solutions for drivers and their vehicles. Orange Oil technology uses oil extracted from renewable orange peels to improve the molecular bond between natural and synthetic rubber to enhance tire tread life, vehicle fuel efficiency and traction in all seasons.
- The AVID Ascend features a mildly asymmetric tread design consisting of three ride zones that focus on dry grip, water evacuation and wintertime traction.
- Large outboard shoulder blocks are connected by tread block bridges to maintain tire contact with the road that helps enhance dry response and cornering stability.
- The continuous center rib provides constant rubber-to-road contact to enhance straight-line tracking while its tapered outboard edge promotes more-even wear.
- Cross grooves and four circumferential grooves help evacuate water from under the tread to increase hydroplaning resistance and promote wet traction.
- Yokohama´s 3D Adaptive Sipes provide more tread block rigidity for longer wear, while their biting edges increase wet and wintertime traction.
- Inboard tread blocks feature higher density 3D Adaptive Sipes to provide additional biting edges that increase winter traction in light snow.
- The tire´s internal structure includes twin steel belts reinforced by spirally wrapped nylon on top of polyester body plies.